Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A moment in here

My city is cut in half
the cloudy gray roof
pressing down on buildings and cars
The skyscrapers are
second floor high looking up at the  box shaped lights
floating above them.
Downtown flaunts it's lights
begging for my attention
pricey watches, twinkling shoes and designer dresses
hang behind glass windows.
they pass my eye sight but my sleepy eyes
zoom only at my feet, that plays
catch up-
as I involuntarily run down 8th ave.
I am not alone
red eyes attached to heavy coated bodies
peak in and out of Madison and Spring Street.
Nurses leaving night shifts from Virginia Masion
office workers arriving for
their desk jobs-with lunch bags
and then therre is me-Brown jacket with furry hat-rushing
red gloves with tip cut enough to peak out one of my fingers
rushing
I make it on time before the shuttle takes off-rushing

Writer-Selam Misgano

No comments:

Post a Comment